Cub Scouting encourages closeness to family. The program will give you opportunities to take part in activities with your son that you normally couldn't do. It provides a positive way for parent and son to grow closer together, and encourages you to spend quality time together. In this way, Cub Scouting is a program for the entire family, and your involvement is vital to the program's success.
Some specific things you can do to help your son in Cub Scouting are
1. Work with your son on projects
2. Help your Cub Scout along the advancement trail
3. Participate in monthly pack meetings
4. Attend parent-leader conferences
5. Go on family campouts with your son
6. Provide support for your son's den and pack
Cub Scouts can Earn their Religious Award working with their parens and with theri religious leaders in their own faiths.
Besides learning life skill they also can learn about their faith.